Gangaur is one of the most popular festival, colorful and important for people of Rajasthan. Ganagaur festival is based on the mythological beliefs associated with the relationship between Lord Shiva and Parvati and the birth of Lord Ganesha. When Parvati Mata wished her son to Shivaji, then shivji asked her to do penance for 12 years. After this austerity, he had a son. After that day, the Gangaur Festival celebrated.
The word ‘Gangaur’ is basically made up of two words, ‘Gana’ and ‘Gaur’. ‘Gana’ is synonymous with Lord Shiva and ‘Gaur’ which stands for Gauri or Parvati symbolizes Saubhagya (marital bliss).
Gangaur Festival 2018 vidhi
- To do this Bratt, devotee should wake up before sunrise in the morning. After being annihilated daily routines, wear clean clothes.
- Prior to the worship, the bride leave the house with a lotus on the head and go to some garden orchards
- After this, after splitting the pure water in the whole house, by constructing twenty-four acne widths of holy clay in twenty-four acres, and twenty-four finger lengths, making square walls, Kesar completed the chandel from Chandan and Kapoor.
- In between, worship of gold, silver idol is worshiped from its flowers, doves, fruits and roli etc.
- in Poojan, the worship of ten gauris of Mata Gauri is performed. The ten forms of Mata Gauri are as follows: Gauri, Uma, Latika, Subhaga, Bhagmalini, Manokamna, Bhavani, Kamada, Bhog Vardavini and Ambika. All forms of Mata Gauri should be worshiped with complete reverence and faith.
Gangaur Festival 2018 Date and Time
|Name of Festivals||Days||Date of Festivals|
|Gangaur||Tuesday||20 March 2018|
Gangaur Festival 2018 Gallery